Have you or your loved ones experienced severe chest pains, shortness of breath and sudden weakness? If you do, we advise you to immediately consult a heart specialist.
Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of death in the world. It needs early detection and urgent treatment.
Leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of heart related illnesses, Gleneagles Hospital Penang’s Cardiology Department offers cardiac care from the early stages of detection, diagnosis and treatment. Equipped with modern medical technology, our UK trained cardiac specialists can handle adult, children and even babies with heart ailments.
Our Approach to Cardiology
We have experience in a wide range of cardiovascular diseases, we have many modalities to treat you or your loved one’s heart and vascular conditions. Familiar with managing the healthcare needs of patients of all ages, our team of cardiac specialists will help to put your mind at ease.
We are committed to help you recover as fully as you can from your cardiovascular illnesses. This includes delivering post-treatment advice on necessary lifestyle changes such as stress management, diet and exercise.
Cardiac Surgical Treatments
Knowledgeable and skilled in advanced techniques in heart and vascular care, we are able to recommend the following heart and vascular surgical procedures for acute heart and vascular conditions:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Surgery of the Aorta
- Surgery for Children with Congenital Heart Diseases like Atrial Septal Defect (ASD), Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF), Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA), and all other congenital heart defects, including complex conditions
Beyond the above, we are one of the hospitals in Penang (and one of very few centres in Malaysia) that can provide highly complex treatments like endovascular reconstruction.
Cardiac Tests & Therapies
Not all heart conditions require surgery. In certain cardiovascular conditions, we are able to offer leading edge tests and therapies to diagnose and manage heart and vascular conditions. They include the following:
- Diagnostic angiography (X-rays of blood flow in arteries or veins)
- Cardiac catheterisation treatments (insertion of a thin hollow tube into major blood vessel)
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI), i.e. placement of a balloon or stent to open up blood vessels narrowed by plaque build-up. This includes balloon angioplasty, coronary stenting, Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) and other treatments.
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker implantation
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure (treatment to reduce blood clots)
- Percutaneous Transluminal Septal Myocardial Ablation (PTSMA) – treatment to reduce the pressure gradient in the heart with obstructive cardiomyopathy
- Implantation of of Intra Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) – a device used to correct abnormal heart rhythms and other life-threatening cardiac conditions
Our Heart Specialists
Knowledgeable and proficient in a wide range of medical procedures, our highly trained cardiac specialists possess advanced medical degrees and qualifications from London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Singapore, Australia, and other leading capitals.
Our collective expertise allows us to offer one stop cardiac care from early to late stages of detection, diagnosis and treatment. We are also able to cover adult, paediatric (children) and neonatal (newborn) cases.
Cardiologists / Interventional Cardiologists
Cardiologist / Echo-Cardiologist
Diagnosis And Treatment Equipments
To provide you with the best cardiovascular treatments available, Gleneagles Hospital Penang has one of the latest equipments for diagnosis and treatment. We can perform various acute cardiac interventions and imaging services to facilitate your treatment.
Our Catheterisation Laboratory allows our specialists to perform angioplasty (use of balloon in heart vessel) and stenting procedures in any part of the body – brain, major arteries, lungs, kidneys, or other organs. Our centre can also perform special endovascular stent grafts to treat aneurysms (bursting of blood vessels) of the aorta.