Discharge From Hospital
Discharge hours are between 11.30 a.m. and 3.00 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays. Full rates will be charged on the day of admission but no charge on the day of discharge on condition that the patient leaves the hospital before 2.00 p.m.
If you wish to be discharged on a Sunday or on public holiday, we would be grateful if you could kindly make arrangements to settle your bill the previous day. All accounts must be settled before you are discharged from the hospital.
Patients with guarantee letters from corporations and insurance companies approved by the hospital management need not settle their own bills (save for excess not covered, if any).
Before you leave the hospital, a discharge slip is to be obtained from the account’s office, which is to be given to the ward nurses, to facilitate the discharging procedure.
- Your Attending Consultant will certify your discharge.
- There is a waiting period of about 2 ½ hours for your bills to be processed and your prescriptions prepared & collected.
- When the bill is ready, the ward staff will inform you or your relatives.
- You or your relatives will then go to the Accounts Department on Level 6 to settle your bill. A discharge slip will be issued to you.
- You will then present the discharge slip to the Pharmacy Counter next to accounts department to collect your discharge medication.
- You will proceed back to the ward and collect your belongings, medical certificate, discharge summary and investigation results, if necessary, from the nurses.
On the appointment date, you are kindly requested to present your OPD appointment card to our reception counter before going to your respective Consultant’s clinic room.